Saturday, July 7, 2007

Loolooloooloooollooooolooooooo

Friday night in the big city (yeah ok, so less than half a mil, but big for around here) and I send two officers on a domestic disturbance with a mental patient. Hubby calls in cuz his wife is goin 'round the bend, off her meds etc. Hubby tells my calltaker that wife is nekkid, standing in the middle of the bed turning circles shouting that she's married to the devil. Oh yeah, and she's on her period. Now, I don't care for one of the officers that I've sent but it's my job to protect them and I advise them to use universal precautions (in other words, hey kids, glove up).

The night goes swimmingly on, I'm on the phone with a Cpl about something else when all of a sudden I hear over the radio "Looolooolooolooloooloooooo" and a male voice trying to speak in there somewhere. Picture a hyper female yodeler and you might come close. It was the officer trying to tell me that he was taking the female to the county mental health facility for evaluation. Unfortunately every time he keyed up all I heard was her "Loooloooloooloolooolooo".

He finally had to send me a message on the laptop before I could understand what he was trying to tell me. When he was done checking her in I asked him if she was doing her Linda Blair/Exorcist imitation. He sent back a message saying yes and he'd fetch me anything I wanted (coffee, chocolate etc) if I never sent him on a call like that again.

For all the boys and girls that have to put up with mental patients and/or crying screaming drunks, I'm sorry. You are appreciated.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love, love, love when my guys key the mic and I get to hear things in the background. Especially, wife beaters crying like little babies from the back seat or drunks singing. Man I love my job. I put you on my list of fellow dispatchers. Welcome to the party.

Unknown said...

OMG!! That is sooo funny. The best..when one of the guys keys up and their partner is singing at the top of his lungs. Somehow, I don't think this is an accident.